Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish! This week’s topic is top ten inspiring book quotes.
When I was younger I used to keep several notebooks with quotes that I loved in them. I haven’t done it for a very long time but I just loved collecting quotes from books or poems or famous people. It was one of my favorite things to do. So this is a very exciting topic for me because it combines two of my favorite things! A lot of these will be from Sarah Dessen!
1. “Don’t think or judge, just listen.” –Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
2. “Some things don’t last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there.” –Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
3. “Sometimes it seems safer to hold it all in, where the only person who can judge is youself.” –Sarah Dessen
5. “Holding people away from you, and denying yourself love, that doesn’t make you strong. If anything, it makes you weaker. Because you’re doing it out of fear.” –Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
5. “The fate of your heart is your choice and no one else gets a vote. –Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
-Honestly this quote is my favorite quote of Sarah’s. I love it so much that I plan to get it tattooed on me at some point. It’s just such a simple, yet beautiful quote about being true to yourself. It’s your heart and you have to do what makes you happy regardless of what anyone else thinks.
6. “You can’t make homes out of human beings someone should have already told you that.” –Warsan Shire
-Technically this isn’t from a book, but a collection of poems, but she is one of my favorites and I just have to include some of her quotes!
7. “You are terrifying and strange and beautiful, someone not everyone knows how to love.” –Warsan Shire
8. “Sleep is good, books are better.” –George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
9. “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” –Neil Gaiman
10. “She wasn’t interested in telling other people’s futures. She was interested in going out finding her own.” –Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
and lets do a bonus one for fun…
11. “In his head, his mother said, ‘People shout when they don’t have the vocabulary to whisper’. –Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
Join in on the fun and create your own blog post!