It’s no secret that I LOVE books. I mean to be honest I find it hard when I learn that people don’t like books. For so long books where one way I escaped from my problems, my parents… my school work. And so to me books will always hold a special place in my heart. That being said I tend to go a bit crazy on goodreads when updating my TBR. And I’m just gonna say it… There is no way that I will get to all these books on my TBR. As much as I wish that I could speed read all of these or was a vampire that lived forever so I could continue reading all the books, it’s just not possible. So with that out there in the universe I thought it would be fun to do a post about books I want to read and that are on my TBR, but I will most likely never get to or just won’t want to put in the time… I actually went through my goodreads list and picked out books I feel like I will never get to and the sad thing is there is quite a bit on here that I skipped because I was like ‘no I’ll read these’ even though I most likely won’t! So in no particular order here is the list…
1. Fallen By Lauren Kate: To be fair I read the first two a very long time ago, and was sure that I would eventually get around to the last two, but now that it’s been a couple years I just feel like my reading taste has evolved and I’m not as interested as I once was.
2. Everneath series by Brodi Ashton: Don’t get me wrong I thought the first book was extremely good! I just have no desire to find out what happens and I’ve gotten to the point where I won’t force myself to read books, because it just wastes time when I could be reading books I am super duper excited for. Although never say never I may one day come back to this series.
3. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi: I absolutely love her! I think she is an amazing writer, and person. Buttttt I have been spoiled by people for these books, so at the moment I am not really interested in finishing this series. Sorry! I did hear that she is writing another book, which I will be all over.
4. Maze Runner series by James Dashner: I have heard so many good things, especially from my sister, and I will deny this but I think the movies did such a great job with this series. That is definitely not why I don’t think I’ll get to this series. But it’s mostly because I am kind of over the whole dystopian world as of right now and I just feel like if I did read these I wouldn’t enjoy them because of that element.
4. Delirium series by Lauren Oliver: I actually have read a couple Lauren Oliver books and really enjoy them, but like with the Maze Runner I’m just kind of over these types of books, Plus the first one for me kind of dragged on for awhile.
5. The Hobbit and LOTR by J.R.R. Tolkien: I am going to lump these two together. I LOVE The Hobbit and LOTR’s movies and I love this world they take place in, but with that in mind, I just don’t think I will ever get to these books, even though I own all of them!
6. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: Man, again I have all the Mortal Instruments books and maybe someday but at this moment I’m just not interested. I have heard both good and bad, so I’m not sure if I would like them or hate them.
7. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin: I have read the first two and a half, but I just am not really sure I will continue on with the series, even though it is good and I love Arya and Danny, they are my favorite of the whole series. George does write some great women!
8. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting: This series has a great concept and one that sounds very interesting to me, but I have to say that it is very low on my list, even though I own the first three…
Welp there is my list. Do you guys feel the same way or are you one who holds on to hope that you will one day get through this list? I’m trying to be better at not forcing myself to read books I have no interest in or ones that I literally have to force myself to read! Hope you guys enjoyed!