It’s already week 2 of this read-along and while I am having so much fun reading this book, it’s also getting so good that I really don’t want to put it down! But here are this week’s questions and answers.
1. Of the lands that we have visited so far in the book, where in the Witchlands would you want to live, given the choice?
OOOOO This is a good question. I would really like to see Venaza City! It would be quite awesome to get a tour from Iseult and Safi themselves.
2. There have been quite a few mottos and words of wisdom used by a few of the characters so far. Which one is your favorite? Do you have any special phrases that help you get through your day?
Hmmm there are so many good quotes. Especially from Safi. Her mouth is awesome and legendary! But one I think I really like is
“Sometimes justice was all about the small victories.” (Pg. 189)
I quite like the sound of that one. There is just something about it that resonates with me. As for special phrases that help me, there are so many. I am something of a quote collector. One that I plan to get tattooed on me at some point is from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen…
“The fate of your heart is your choice and no one else gets a vote.”
This is one quote that I absolutely love. Sarah always strikes a cord with me and I fall a little bit in love with every book she writes.
3. Friendship is a main theme that pulses through Truthwitch. Do you have a relationship like Safi and Iseult? Is there someone out there who always has your back and will defend you?
I really didn’t think there was but now I would say my little sister definitely always has my back whether I know it or not. I am definitely more the protector of the people I love but my friends and family have their own ways of defending me.
4. If you were inserted into one of the novel’s epic battle scenes, which witchery would you like to have in order to defend yourself?
Hmmm I think fot this one I would say Bloodwitchery. I think it would come in handy to be able to stop someone from moving or doing anything. Also the healing thing would be awesome little trick to have.
Character Spotlight: ISEULT
5. Do you find Iseult to be a likable character? How do you feel about the way she is treated like an outcast? Do you think she is a good influence on Safiya?
I actually really really like Iseult. I think she is a good balance for Safi and she’s a great and strong character. I love female characters who are strong and can fight and are badass. Not all women want girly characters but give me a girl who can wear a pretty dress all the while have a knife strapped to her thigh! I hate that she is treated like an outcast but I love that Safi wants to protect her from that. It also makes me hope that people will eat their words when she comes and protects them or fights for them. She definitely is a good influence on Safi! Maybe not with Safiya’s mouth but with making plans and not being so impulsive. Not that Safi really slows down all that much, but enough for her think ‘WWID’ right before she does the complete opposite. But that’s what I love so much about these two girls. They are both different and yet very similar. They are amazing characters and I am so glad I am getting to know them both.
Ahhh I’m kind of posting this one super late but you guys know how life is.. Hopefully I will get next week’s reading done sooner! Until next time!